The Tote Bag was inspired by the timeless lines and shapes of American bags from the 1930's. A clean design with interesting details and gorgeous leather make this bag truly unique. It's a highly functional workhorse, yet elegant enough for any occasion. Take it to the market or use it instead of a briefcase - this bag can do it all. Made of full grain leather from one of America's oldest tanneries, it's built to last.
- Full grain vegetable tanned harness leather; gently distressed
- We use a 5 oz. version of our leather, which makes the bag easy to carry and not too heavy while maintaining maximum strength and durability; reinforced double layer leather bottom
- Unlined, finished leather interior; no cheap linings that will rip
- Dye finished edges
- Antique brass hardware throughout
- Heavy gauge bonded Nylon thread for long term durability
- Privacy pocket inside with a simple stud closure for easy access
- Pocket measures 7.75" x 7.75" and will hold large smart phones, pens & personal items
- Durable 8 oz. leather straps for carrying; with 10.5" drop for easy shoulder carry
- Dimensions: Width 15.5", Height 12.5" (not including handle), Depth 5.5"; can hold laptops/tablets less than width of bag
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Backed by our Real Deal Warranty
- Free domestic shipping & returns; international shipping available
- Made in USA
*See this Tote Bag featured on Stylelullaby Fashion Blog and The Sensible Shopaholic
About the Leather...
Not only are our products handcrafted right here in the USA, but we use strong North American steer hides.
Because we use only the highest quality full grain vegetable tanned leather, our leather is rich in character and the surface is natural, not sanded or altered. This means you may see naturally occurring small scars, creases, and striations. These minor markings are not flaws, they are features and a hallmark of quality leather.
The leather also has natural color variation. No two hides are identical. So you may notice some color variation even among products that are the same color. The leather may look slightly different in different light, etc. This is part of the natural variation of the hide. But we can assure you, the leather looks even richer and more beautiful in person!
Saddle Tan is a medium/dark tan color that is absolutely eye-catching in person. It shows a natural marbling and depth of character that is quite unique.
Vintage Brown is a rich dark brown color. It also demonstrates some marbling and depth of character you won't find in most dark browns. It looks like an old-school vintage leather, which accounts for the name.
Black is a solid black color on both sides of the leather.
Our leather will become even more beautiful as it ages, developing a rich patina. The leather is very durable and can take most anything life throws at it, but proper care and maintenance is recommended. We offer a specially formulated, all-natural leather cream that works wonderfully with our leather.