The Weekender was inspired by travel bags from the 1930's & 1940's. We've combined our rich full grain leather with the finest waxed canvas twill. The result: an old school durable weekend bag that is truly unique. It's substantial without being too heavy. It's luxurious but casual. When you pick up this bag, you'll know what we mean. This is no ordinary waxed canvas. It's top-shelf American heritage waxed canvas with a twill weave. It actually behaves like leather, aging gracefully and developing a rich patina over time. Click here to read more.
- Full grain vegetable tanned leather; gently distressed
- Tan colored 18oz. (24oz. after finishing) Martexin Original Wax canvas, twill weave; sourced in the USA
- Unlined bag
- Finished leather edges
- Solid antique brass hardware throughout
- Custom American made heavy duty zipper for long term durability
- Convenient pull tabs on either end of zipper for easy open/close; leather zipper slider pull tab
- Full leather bottom, reinforced for durability
- Heavy gauge bonded Nylon thread for long term durability
- Adjustable shoulder strap for shoulder or cross-body carry
- Thick, double layered, comfortable & durable carrying handles
- Outside pocket will fit large smartphone, boarding pass, etc.
- Interior zipper pocket
- Dimensions: Length 21", Height 11.5" (not including handle), Width 9.5" (Airline carry-on compliant)
- Weight: 3.75 lbs.
- Backed by our Real Deal Warranty
- Free domestic shipping & returns; international shipping available
- Made in USA
About the Leather...
Not only are our products handcrafted right here in the USA, but we use strong North American steer hides.
Because we use only the highest quality full grain vegetable tanned leather, our leather is rich in character and the surface is natural, not sanded or altered. This means you may see naturally occurring small scars, creases, and striations. These minor markings are not flaws, they are features and a hallmark of quality leather.
The leather also has natural color variation. No two hides are identical. So you may notice some color variation even among products that are the same color. The leather may look slightly different in different light, etc. This is part of the natural variation of the hide. But we can assure you, the leather looks even richer and more beautiful in person!
Saddle Tan is a medium/dark tan color that is absolutely eye-catching in person. It shows a natural marbling and depth of character that is quite unique.
Vintage Brown is a rich dark brown color. It also demonstrates some marbling and depth of character you won't find in most dark browns. It looks like an old-school vintage leather, which accounts for the name.
Black is a solid black color on both sides of the leather.
Our leather will become even more beautiful as it ages, developing a rich patina. The leather is very durable and can take most anything life throws at it, but proper care and maintenance is recommended. We offer a specially formulated, all-natural leather cream that works wonderfully with our leather.